A Collaborative Effort To Make Our World A Little Better For All Of Us

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Happiness?..

 No more worrying about tomorrow, crying over yesterday but focusing on today!


I've come to realize that we all struggle with happiness. Especially with this recession, and the horrible economy.  Were all walking around worrying about tomorrow, or not letting go of yesterday.  Now I personally know about this because I'm constantly worrying what's going to happen tomorrow, and when my minds not on tomorrow, it's on yesterday, or last month, or even years ago.

But it's getting me no where!!! Absolutely no where!!

 A best friend of mine, has recently hit this wall. The wall of depression, that horrible feeling of what's my purpose In life?  Why am I going through these struggles? Is it even worth all this unhappiness?

After our long conversations of why they shouldn't give up, how these bad times will end and there will be happier ones. I've thought to myself and said, why am I being such a hypocrite?  Why am I saying think about the great things in life, those happy times, and you will be happy, when I never do that myself?  I dwell and complain, and those are horrible things to do.

But it's time that I be grateful for what has been given to me. For good health and family, for a home, for all the ones that love me. And even though things are tough, finances are tight, and things just don't go the way I plan, I should be thankful for what I do have. 

So from this day on I will not think  worry about tomorrow, cry over yesterday but focus on today. What can I do today? How can I make a difference during the time that I know I have?  Because tomorrow is not a guarantee, so we should make do with the time we got, and go about life like it's our last 24 hours.

Ever hear the saying "think happy, be happy"? Well I'm going to put that to the test. Positive thoughts from here on out, and I hope it brings me the happiness that I've been searching for, for a very long time.

Maybe you should consider droping the unhappy thoughts and worries.  And began a new day on a happy, more positive note.

No comments:

Post a Comment